I was shocked yesterday to receive another amazing blog award. To me, this is such a special award. This nomination came from James@this-is-my-truth-now. James and I seem to have a lot in common and he’s become a BBB (best blogging buddy) who’s been there since I first got started blogging. I’ve learned about so many new blogs because of him as well. Please head over to visit this-is-my-truth-now to read countless book reviews, read his daily 365-day challenge and find out what’s happening with his new novel! There’s so much more. Loads of excitement! Thanks, James!
So, what is the Black Cat Blue Sea Award?
This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.
- anybody nominated can nominate up to eight other bloggers
- the nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator
- the questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions
- if any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award
Questions from James with my answers:
What would you like bloggers to do more of that they aren’t doing right now?
Umm, is come check out my blog a good answer? Totally joking!
I think bloggers are doing a wonderful job with their blogs and I enjoy seeing everyone’s different styles and ideas. I love that as of right now, I’m yet to find two blogs that are totally alike. The creative expression I’ve seen is inspiring and I enjoy being part of it. With that said, I just want to see everyone enjoy themselves and I’m happy to be here. So, please keep blogging!
Tell us 4 things about yourself, one of which is not true… and see if we can guess.
- I love animals – I’d be happy to spend the rest of my life around them.
- I love housekeeping – Having everything in pristine order is a must.
- Introvert alert! I don’t like parties, large crowds, or sitting in a packed movie theatre. I’m perfectly happy at home with my books, music, and nature.
- I don’t really enjoy writing. I’ve never felt good at it and struggle just writing a book review. If I were to write a book, I’d have NO IDEA where to start.
Which one do you think is not true?
Describe a perfect day that balances all the things you love.
This is difficult because it changes with seasons and I enjoy a wide range of activities, but since it’s summer for us, I’ll go with that. A perfect summer day for me would be waking up before dawn to enjoy a steaming cup of coffee with some fresh baked banana bread while catching up with updates on Goodreads & WordPress. Then, I’d spend some time outside listening to the birds as the sun begins to rise while enjoying a good book. Mid-day I’d throw together one of my favorite soups and have a few hours of reading time with my kids. Maybe we’d take a trip to the library in the afternoon and come back for a jump in the pool. I’d have dinner planned ahead and ready by 6pm, then on to Netflix for a bit before settling down with some good music in preparation for a good night’s sleep. In between all of that, I’d spend some time playing frisbee with my pups. Any day without stress is a good one!
My questions for the nominees:
1- If you could turn back time and do something differently, what would it be?
2- Name three or four things you most appreciate in your life (family, job, etc.)
3- Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?
No pressure if you don’t want to participate, but I feel that you deserve this award! Thanks for reading. 🙂