I was nominated by Noriko@DiaryofaBookFiend for the lovely Sunshine Blogger Award last month. This is now my second for this award. I’d like to thank her for nominating me. Also, please check out Noriko’s blog. She has tons of book reviews, wrap-ups, Goodreads Monday and scads of awards and tags. I personally have enjoyed reading her “#tidbits on Japan” posts which have highlighted a few different recipes from Japan where she lives. I’m looking forward to learning more about her culture and I’m happy to have her as a friend.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does It Work:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
What is your ideal vacation?
I love just chillaxing wherever I am. I love being at home, hanging out at the beach, and being out in nature. Ideal is doing what I like and being where I want to be.
What do you love about yourself?
I’m told that I’m creative and I love that. When I make something and someone says, “Wow, you made that?”, It makes me feel awesome.
What do wish you could change about yourself?
There are actually a few things, but I would choose becoming more self-confident as my first choice.
What book are you reading now?
I’m reading Marcel Malone by Lew Watts and Beauty and the Beast by Vivienne Savage (audible).
What keeps you blogging?
What keeps me blogging? That’s a hard one. I’m going to say interacting with people. I love learning about others. I’m going to mention a few specific people here that inspire me to continue blogging and that’s my mom (Starjustin), James, Nel, Stephanie, Vanessa, Claire, Noriko, Mohamad, Kim, Lana, Dani, Jo-Ann, Robin, Jennifer C, Dave, Donna, Misty, Kim, Christina, Anthony, MoJo and the list goes on. I also appreciate the authors that take the time out of their busy schedules to do Q&A’s with me, I love that. I’ve learned so much and met some awesome people. That’s why I keep blogging.
You are having a relaxing evening. What are you doing?
Either hanging with my family, having some tea while wrapped up in a good book, or simply listening to some great music.
Do you have pets?
Yes, I have two border collies and a ton of outdoor cats. I love animals, and I wish I could give every single animal in the world a good life. Here are a few pics…
Winston and Cynder
Rambo The Wise
We had 13 kittens in April. I’ll do a post on them soon…
Favourite pizza toppings?
I try not to eat meat or pizza in general, but I’ll say Sausage, Pepperoni, Onion, and Banana Pepper.
Coffee, tea or wine or other?
Organic decaf coffee and I love tea as well. Pukka and Yogi are my favorite tea brands.
What is your favourite season?
Definitely fall and winter. I don’t deal well with the summer heat and look forward to harvest time and Christmas.
What is your favourite book genre?
I absolutely love memoirs and non-fiction in general. I love learning about people and their pasts, and what they’re doing with their lives.
Continue for the nominees!
I’m going over 11 nominations here today and I hope that’s okay!
My Questions for the Nominees:
- Is there something you can tell readers about yourself and your blog?
- What satisfaction do you get from blogging?
- How do you bring traffic to your blog?
- What’s something that you’d like to improve on this year?
- How do you get motivated to blog?
- Do you have any favorite books this year?
- Are there any songs you’re into right now, or music artists?
- What do you like to do with your spare time?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you could choose ONLY 5 subjects to read on other blogs, what would they be? (Books, music, film, health, etc.)
- Do you make money from your blog? If not, do you have plans to try in the future?