I was nominated last week by Yesha@BooksTeacupandReviews for The Sunshine Blogger Award. If you haven’t been to this blog yet, please check it out. There are many book reviews, awards and tags, author interviews, and more. I’d like to thank Yesha for this nomination! Thank you! ❤
1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions from Yesha:
1. A quote or any saying that you love and follow.
Two important quotes…
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. –Margaret Mead
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. –Dr. Seuss
2. What life lesson took you the most to learn?
It took me forever to stop worrying about what other people think. I used to place SO MUCH importance on it and it makes me cringe when I hear younger people in the same situation. I wish I could shout out to them to not waste a moment of their life trying to please others and to live their lives for themselves and never let somebody tell you that you can’t do something or need to change. *Be yourself.*
3. What do you love most about YOU?
As I mentioned in a previous award, I’ve been told I’m creative and I love that. I also love that I’m a mom & wife- hopefully the best one I can be.
4. What personality trait are you currently trying to change or improve?
I’m currently working on keeping my mind at peace.
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I didn’t know. I don’t think I really started thinking about it until high school, honestly. I’ve always liked working with animals and creating things. At one point, I thought about opening a used bookstore. I can’t say there’s ever been one single career that stood out to me. I’m kind of like a “jack of all trades, master of none” type.
6. What courses were your worst and best in school?
I wasn’t good at math because I flat-out disliked it. I just couldn’t put my mind to it, until I went to college, then I straightened out. I was always best at art, music, and reading. The school library and art/music room were my favorite places to be.
7. If you had to stick with one book genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Non-fiction. I love learning new things every minute of the day.
8. What is your superpower?
Fixing things and getting the job done. It’s something I feel I’ve always been pretty good at. I remember when I was a kid my grandfather brought home this tool set for me. I guess he saw something there. I’ve always been a tinker.
9. What are you currently watching on tv (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc (that you would recommend?)
I’m currently watching the 5th season of The Americans, originally on FX. It’s a show about two Soviet intelligence agents who are a married couple with children that spy on the American government. It’s pretty good!
10. What’s the weirdest or most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
I guess I’m going to say dandelion and other weeds only because many people are surprised when I say that I put them in my juice. Foraging is fun!
11. TWO PIECES OF ADVICE.
1. *This is my opinion and I hope it doesn’t offend anyone.* Don’t take your health for granted! When you don’t have your health, you don’t have anything. Once it’s too late, you may not be able to fix it and it’s possible you can lose your life. This is my experience and so I take it very seriously. I know that some people just want to live and not think about it, and that’s fine if that’s what you want. Everyone’s different. This is something I wish I would’ve taken more seriously as a teen and into my 20’s.
2. As I stated in my previous post Lessons From Grandpa #3, we need to appreciate what we have in life, especially our relationships. We can’t just recognize what we have, we need to show it now and every day.
Continue for the Nominees and Questions!
My Nominees –
My Questions: I’m going to ask the same questions I asked on my #2 Sunshine Blogger Award because I’m nominating all new blogs here…
- Is there something you can tell readers about yourself and your blog?
- What satisfaction do you get from blogging?
- How do you bring traffic to your blog?
- What’s something that you’d like to improve on this year?
- How do you get motivated to blog?
- Do you have any favorite books this year?
- Are there any songs you’re into right now, or music artists?
- What do you like to do with your spare time?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you could choose ONLY 5 subjects to read on other blogs, what would they be? (Books, music, film, health, etc.)
- Do you make money from your blog? If not, do you have plans to try in the future?