Recently I was nominated by two bloggers, Jo-Ann@inspirationpie.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, for the Real Neat Blog award. I’d like to thank these two wonderful people for nominating me. I hope you’ll check out both blogs if you haven’t already. They are amazing and I feel very lucky to know them both!
Here are the rules:
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
1. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
I think it depends on the post. The majority overall probably come from WordPress bloggers, but certain posts bring in a lot from external sites like Facebook. My recent post with Carol Buckley was viewed mainly by her followers being redirected from her sites.
2. What is your favourite sport?
To play-basketball and frisbee. To watch-football. Go Patriots!
3. What has been a special moment for you so far in 2017?
Since I brought up the Patriots, I’ll say Superbowl 2017. I was falling asleep to avoid the anguish. Then, the unbelievable epic comeback when I thought all was lost. Amazing!
4. What is your favourite quote?
Two that I love and came across recently…
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.”
― Lady Gaga
5. What was your favourite class when still at school?
Art and music/band. I ❤ band.
6. Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
To appreciate others, live life to the fullest, eat healthy no matter what, not worry about what others think, accept myself for who I am no matter what someone else says because it’s the way God made me and I’m unique. We are all unique!
7. What musical instrument have you tried to play?
I play a handful of instruments including piano, guitar, sax, and more, but I could never play a brass instrument or the flute. I tried flute and cornet, but it just didn’t work out.
1. What is your favourite genre?
Hands down, non-fiction memoir/biography.
It Starts With L by Cassandra Fear. I loved it because it’s a good story that reminded me of something I would’ve loved reading in high school. I enjoyed it so much. It was almost nostalgic.
3. Who is your favourite author?
I can’t go with just one, so how about Jodi Picoult, Anne Rice, Jamie McGuire, Gary Paulsen, Winston Graham, Luis Carlos Montalván, Tolkien, Jack London, Roald Dahl, Diana Gabaldon, Stephenie Meyer, etc.
4. What keeps you from attaining your goals?
Family responsibilities and my health occasionally.
5. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I’m really not positive on that, but I do hope to have some writing done by then! 😉
6. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Interacting with all of you, learning, author interaction, etc.
7. How do you start off your morning?
I start my mornings with coffee or tea either outside with the birds and fresh air, or inside catching up with updates before the sun comes up.
James, I know you just recieved this heehee… https://thisismytruthnow.com/2017/07/30/365-challenge-day-140-san-francisco-california/
Vanessa, I know you’re on hiatus, but I can’t hold back any longer 😉 https://foodinbooks.com/2017/07/03/the-shadow-of-the-wind-by-carlos-ruiz-zafon/
https://stephsfictionandfamilylove.wordpress.com/2017/07/29/blogging-news-another-hiatus-from-my-blog-starting-august-5th/ Stephanie no pressure on this one. I know you’re going on vaca and just received this!
1. What’s something you find yourself worrying about or thinking about frequently?
2. If you had to change your name, what would it be and why?
3. Are you doing a reading challenge? If so, where are you with it?
4. What’s your favorite fruit and favorite vegetable.
5. Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
6. What’s something your brain tries to make you do and you have to stop yourself from doing it?
7. If you could stand in front of the entire human race, what piece of advice would you choose to express?
No pressure to do this award! Enjoy if you do and please link back. Thanks for reading!