Hello, friends! I hope everyone is having a great week so far. I decided to add on a few reading challenges this year. Well, actually one, until a good friend tagged me for another, so now it’s two! Here they are below:
Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge
I found this one over at Claire’s blog. I need this challenge so bad! I’m behind on Netgalley and Edelweiss, so I’m giving this one a go.
- The challenge will run from Jan 1, 2018 – Dec 31, 2018.
- Anyone is welcome to join. You do not need to be a blogger, just post your reviews and come back every month to link them up.
- Any genre, release date, request date, length, etc. counts so long as it came from Edelweiss or Netgalley.
- At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews.
- If you forget to link up one month it’s not a problem just add your reviews next month.
- If you would like to move up or down levels that is completely fine and at your discretion.
- You can find the monthly link-ups @ readingbetweenthepages by clicking HERE
- Hashtag: #NGEW2018
Bronze – 10 Books
Silver – 25 Books
Gold – 50 Books
Platinum – 75 Books
Diamond – 100 Books
*I’ve decided to go with Silver. I have a little less than 25 books to read right now and in case I add a few more on, this one should get me caught up! I’ll update this page with a link for each review.
Like Claire, I’ll list the books here and also include a link for each review. *
2018 NetGalley/Edelweiss Challenge Reading List:
1. White Fur by Review 3. One For Sorrow by Mary Downing Hahn - Review 4. The Superbowl: Chasing Football Mortality by Matt Doeden - Review 5. Tots! A Cookbook by Dan Whalen - Review 6. A Bear's Life by Ian Mcallister and Nicholas Read - Review 7. Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage - Review 8. All the Little Lights by Jamie McGuire - Review 9. A Mother's Goodbye by Kate Hewitt - Review 10. The Doggie in the Window by Rory Kress - Review 11. Traveling the Blue Road by Lee Bennett Hopkins - Review 12. The Wolf in Underpants by Wilfrid Lupano - Review 13. How Far We Go and How Fast by Nora Decter - Review 14. Bear's Adventure by Brian Wildsmith - Review 15. The Invisible Garden by Valérie Picard - Review 16. The House of Lost and Found by Martin Widmark - Review 17. A Box of Butterflies by Jo Rooks - Review 18. The Cat in the Christmas Tree by Peter Scottsdale - Review 19. We Can't Be Friends: A True Story by Cyndy Etler - Review 20. Otto and Pio by Marianne Dubuc - Review 21. Louisiana's Way Home by Kate DiCamillo - Review 22. Owl Love You by Matthew Heroux and Wednesday Kirwan - Review 23. This is the Day by Tim Tebow - Review 24. Keeping Lucy by T.Greenwood - Review 25. For Better or Worse by Margot Hunt - Review2. Animals at Night by Anne Jankeliowitch and Delphine Chedru -
Ultimate Reading Challenge
I had no idea about this challenge, but then my great friend Nel tagged me for it on Twitter and I’m really excited, although I have no idea what I’m doing. 😉 Wish me luck!
READING FRENZY BOOK BLOG AND COLLECTORS OF BOOK BOYFRIENDS AND GIRLFRIENDS HAVE COMBINED THEIR AWESOMENESS TO BRING YOU TO 2018’S ULTIMATE READING CHALLENGE. THEY CHALLENGE YOU TO READ A BOOK EACH MONTH BASED ON THE THEME OF THE MONTH.
DO YOU THINK YOU’RE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
- Books must be at least 150 pages.
- Must be read during the assigned month.
- You must write at least a mini review. It can just be a couple sentences.
- You don’t have to be a book blogger to participate! Readers can link to their bookshelf on Goodreads.
- Books can be in any format (ARC, audiobook, eBook, paperback).
- Can be published any year.
- Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Surprise giveaways will be sent twice a year, in June and December.
- Hashtag #
WHEN YOU COMPLETE EACH MONTH’S CHALLENGE, UPDATE YOUR PROGRESS BY POSTING A LINK TO YOUR REVIEW HERE.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE CHALLENGE!
*I’ll update each pick for the month here and I’ll also include a link to the review for each.*
2018 Ultimate Reading Challenge
January: The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult - Review February: Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson - Review March: The Secret's She Keeps by Michael Robotham - Review April: Happily by Chauncey Rogers - Review May: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling/Jim Kay - Review June: A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket Review July: Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo - Review August: The Burning Within by RaNelle Wallace - Review September: Venus: Don't Go There by Michael Santini - Review October: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate Dicamillo - Review November: How Far We Go and How Fast by Nora Decter - Review December: The Last Homecoming by Dan Chabot - Review