On January 12th, I shared my book review for Thyroid Healing by Anthony William and I also shared my story about how I’ve struggled with anxiety and autoimmune disease. If you haven’t seen the original post and would like to read it, you can find it HERE. Today is February 23rd, and I’ve now been on the protocol since roughly January 7th. I promised to leave updates on my progress and this will be #1.
What have I been doing?
Here is what I’ve done so far.
- I’ve removed the foods that are banned including gluten, soy, canola, and a few others. I’ve been trying to avoid gluten for a few years, but I’d always slip up. Not anymore! I’m 100% gluten free and I’m not complaining about it. I appreciate the fact that I have a ton of nutritional foods to eat and I’m thankful. I’ve gotten in the habit of saying ‘thank you’ for my juice, smoothie, or whatever meal I’m having. As of now, I’m mainly eating fruits and vegetables in raw form. I do also have nuts occasionally and dark chocolate. I continue to use my own almond milk and juices.
- I’ve also stopped eating eggs. I’ve never completely removed eggs before which is definitely something new for me. This hasn’t been very hard.
- I’ve also been drinking the sixteen ounces of celery juice every morning before I eat and drink anything else. I’ve followed specific directions on this. I also drink lemon water at least once a day and I incorporate the ‘Thyroid Healing Smoothie’ I shared in my previous post when I can.
- Since roughly January 15th, I’ve been taking supplements which include liquid zinc, Ashwagandha, selenium, L-Lysine and a few others. I was already taking my own group of prescribed supplements from my holistic doc, but I added these recommended by Anthony William as well. I went with the supplements he has on his website and purchased them all from Amazon.
- I’ve been taking regular ‘detox’ baths which aren’t something new. This is just basically adding in two cups of Epsom salt to a hot bath and soaking for about 30 minutes or more. I learned about this from my holistic doctor, but when I feel bad, it’s almost an instant fix.
- I continue to use essential oils externally and also in my diffuser. I can’t say enough about essential oils. I think everyone can benefit from using them. These are just one of the things that saved my life in my opinion and helped me beat lupus, so I’ll continue using them.