I was nominated by the ever so wonderful Nel@Reactionarytales.com for the Blogger Recognition Award. This is the first time I’ve received this award and I’d like to thank Nel for kindly mentioning me on her blog. If you haven’t checked out Nel’s blog, please do. She has book reviews, stories, tags and awards, endangered animal information and more. Nel is a fellow blogger that I truly appreciate and feel lucky to be connected with.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I originally started ReadRantRock&Roll earlier this year to review books, do author Q&A’s, discuss health issues, and talk about the music that I love. I really wasn’t sure where it would go and I’ve sort of experimented with different posts since. What I really envisioned was sharing other people’s stories from the books that I’ve read and also talking about things that I feel passionate about. I also wanted to find people out in the world who are making a difference and share their story. I’ve done a few posts on films as well and eventually would like to add in some of my poetry and art. I have loads of ideas and hope that I can creatively express them all while maintaining an interesting blog.
So, here I am and I feel like everything is going fairly well. I’ve met an amazing group of people and feel super lucky to be here.
1. This is hard because I’m a new blog myself, but I’ll share two things that I think are important, and the first is to always respond to comments. I find it rude to not acknowledge someone who has taken the time to read and comment on your post. It’s an easy way to lose readers and I think this applies to any site that we use including Goodreads and other forms of social media. This is just my opinion of course.
2. Another piece of advice is to take some time to check out some other blogs! There are so many amazing blogs out there and you can learn so much while meeting great people! I know its hard to find time with everything that we have going on in our lives, but it’s worth it.