In 2019 I participated in the Retellings Reading Challenge over @cornerfolds.com. Unfortunately, Tracy isn’t hosting the retelling challenge this year, so I decided to create my own personal retelling challenge for 2021!
I love retellings, and there are so many on my shelf waiting to be read. For the original challenge, here was my list:
- Shadowsong by S Jae-Jones
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Ragnarök (Erik Storm) by Kai Mjaanes
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden
- Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
Beauty by Robin McKinley Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- Finding Baba Yaga: A Short Novel in Verse by Jane Yolen
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn #1) by Renée Ahdieh
- Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
- Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters #1) by Juliet Marillier
- Mother Knows Best by Serena Valentini
Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyer Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly Depravity by M.J. Haag Snow, Glass, Apples by Neil Gaiman
The seven that are crossed out were read for the 2019 challenge. I’m challenging myself to read these 10 titles below, on top of the other retellings I’ve already read this year, which will post next week. Not all are from my old list, and there may be more added on throughout the year.
Shadowsong by S Jae-Jones
I absolutely loved Wintersong, the first installment in this series. It reminded me so much of Labyrinth, one of my all-time favorites from childhood. When this second installment came out, I was in such a hurry to grab a copy, and here we are in 2021 still not having this one under my belt! I’m excited to see how the author continues this story.
Continue reading “2021 Retellings Reading Challenge: #2021ReadingChallenge #FairyTales #RetellingsReadingChallenge #Retellings #Books”