I’m back on track this week and have an awesome smoothie recipe for you! This is one that I’ve been making for years and comes from one of my favorite raw food advocates, Paul Nison. You can find him on Goodreads by clicking HERE. He’s written a handful of books. The one I’ve read is:
The Raw Life: Becoming Natural in an Unnatural World
-Click the cover to add to Goodreads-
Blurb: This Book will help you learn about health and to achieve your goals. It will simply teach you the way to get the results you desire with the raw food diet. It’s an easy book to understand why and how to eat with simple recipes to help you on your path. Many people who start out on a raw food diet have started with this book. Others who have been eating a raw diet for many years love the interviews in this book with long term raw fooders.
Bahini Smoothie – This is how I make it…
- 5-6 Bananas peeled – Frozen Bananas are best!
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1-2 TB Coconut butter or manna – (flaked coconut works too)
- 1-2 TB Raw Honey
- Dash of salt – Himalayan or a salt with minerals preferred
- Dash of Bee Pollen (optional)
- 1 TB Barleymax Powder (optional – You can use any ‘green’ powder or fresh greens) I used a tsp of Moringa
- 1 cup of ice or more depending on how much you want. If you use frozen bananas, you barely need any ice at all.
- Paul uses a good amount of water, I only use about a half cup or so. I like my smoothies thicker, if you want it thinner, just add more water.
You can watch Paul make the smoothie in this video, or scroll down to see mine…
This will make roughly 40 ounces or so.
-Add all the ingredients in the order listed to the blender-
-Start blending slow and then increase to high speed-
-Blend until smooth-
-I added in some chia seeds as well-
-Just be sure to stir the chia seeds in and they’ll become gelatinous- Continue reading “Wednesday’s Breakfast and a Book”